Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Vanilla Bean Wedding Cupcakes


These are the white cupcakes in the photos with the blue sprinkles.  This recipe is by far the best vanilla cupcake recipe I have ever eaten.  They are moist without being too dense and have an intense vanilla flavor that I just know you will love.  I got the recipe from Annie's Eats and only changed the procedure a tiny bit.  Actually, I used my usual procedure that differs just slightly from most cake making procedures, but it works for me.


Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
yield:  28 cupcakes

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 vanilla bean
5 eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups cake flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Line 28 muffin cups with cupcake liners.  (This will use two 1 dozen pans, plus 4 from a third pan.)  Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.  Cream together butter sugar and vanilla bean seeds with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time mixing after each addition.  Add vanilla, baking powder, and salt and mix until evenly distributed.  Add the flour alternately with the buttermilk, mixing well after each addition and beginning and ending with flour.  Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way full with batter.  I use a scoop so that all of my cupcakes are really close to the same size.  Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Remove cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.  Allow to cool completely before frosting.  Frost with vanilla buttercream and garnish as desired.


Vanilla Buttercream

2 sticks butter, softened
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsps. milk or water


Beat all ingredients together using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer.  Use to frost cupcakes.

Source:  Annie's Eats

This recipe was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.





Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At August 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Ashley Blom said...

These are gorgeous. I've yet to find a good vanilla cupcake recipe I really like. I think the trick might be the vanilla beans, hah. I will definitely try this recipe!

 
At August 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Winnie said...

These cupcakes are STUNIING
They are so beautiful, yet very elegant

 
At August 19, 2012 at 1:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

These are beautiful! I seriously can not make a vanilla cupcake from scratch to save my life unless it is a small batch. I'm pinning this so I can try your recipe.

 
At September 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Amagesoft said...

This is a beautiful design of vanilla cupcake. as the recipe given in this article is much interesting and i think i will make a tasty cake. For more info you can check wedding cupcake liners .

 
At November 1, 2014 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Making these right now I hope they turn out ok :)

 
At November 1, 2014 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very very very sweet! Cake extremely moist!! Great recipe!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Vanilla Bean Wedding Cupcakes

This page has moved to a new address.

Vanilla Bean Wedding Cupcakes